Hello everyone, I’m so excited to be over at Stamps & Stencils as Guest Designer for their It’s been a while… challenge this month. Sue is the host for this challenge and kindly provided the following brief:
Being creative often leads you in different directions and sometimes it isn’t until you start that you know where you are heading. For this challenge I thought that as we’ve not done it for a while it would be good to let your creative spirit wander and have a theme of Anything Goes. Your project must be mixed media and include stamping and/or stencilling but apart from that it’s up to you !
I am often inspired by things I see and do, so my art journal page is inspired by rainbow colours and sunshine to mark the end of summer. Here’s a sneak peek of the page I have created for this challenge, the full version can be found here at Stamps & Stencils along with my tutorial.
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Faber-Castell Gelatos (Boysenberry, Snow Cone, Lemon, Watermelon, Guava, Buttercream, Earl Grey)
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Uni Posca Paint Pen (Black)
- Pébéo White Gesso
- DecoArt Acrylic Paint (Black, White)
- Uni Pin Fine Line marker (Black 0.2mm)
- Finnabair Clear Stamp (Sponge #961909)
- Gummpanian Stamps (Collage Numbers 14030103, Worn Rings 2 11050601)
- Craft Sensations (Deco Stencil Set 154892)
- Ranger Dina Wakley Media Stencil (Wheels MDS45588)
- Hampton Art Graphic 45 cling mounted rubber stamps (Tropical Travelogue ICO135)
- Royal & Langnickel rub-on transfers (Motivate Sentiments #ROY510)
- Homemade decoupage paper (white tissue paper stamped using a Sheet Music stamp from Woodware Craft Collection and black Archival Ink)
- Book pages – Pear’s Cyclopedia 2007-2008 Edition
- Hobbycraft Decorative Tapes (Assorted Black & White 5971481007)
- The Works (3 Washi Tapes)
- Liquitex Matte Gel Medium